The California Department of Water Resources and the Water Education Foundation highlighted an array of technologies available for subsidence measurement and monitoring, including information and technical support being provided by DWR. Going forward, groundwater sustainability agencies must address managing subsidence in their management plans pursuant to the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act. The briefing was held at the Alice Peters Auditorium in the University Business Center at Fresno State.
Topics discussed include:
- Update on valley groundwater conditions
- Update on SGMA program activities
- Techniques for monitoring land subsidence, including radar remote sensing, extensometers, and GPS data
- Gaps in subsidence monitoring today
- DWR technical assistance and resources for SGMA compliance