Plan to join us for a free event at Fresno State to learn about the new irrigation and water management technologies being used on the University Farm Laboratory.
Center for Irrigation Technology
5370 N Chestnut Ave Fresno CA 93740
November 3, 2017
8am – 2pm
For Registration Click Here!
Growers will board buses to move between 3 different stops on the farm. Additionally, there will
be time to meet vendors who are offering products and services designed to improve your water management decision making. You will be able to see many of these technologies installed and operated on the University Farm, giving participants to learn about their benefits and see them in action. Factory Representatives will be available to demonstrate and/or discuss how these products are used and the potential benefits.
Three site visits on the University farm that will include:
- A low energy drip system used on row crops and has tape lengths that can exceed 1,000 feet while operated at 5.5 PSI (12 feet).
- Sensor technologies -Soil based,plant sensor sand irrigation system monitoring and controls used improve yields and optimize water/energy use on permanent crops.
- New approaches to irrigation system design where the sub-blocks are selected based on soil type. The block shape is not the standard rectangle, but follows the various soil types. Managing irrigation events by soil types reduces the need to over-irrigation low-water holding capacity soils and helps bring uniform crop maturity across the field.
We have opportunities for approximately 20 table top displays for vendors. Each vendor will get a short opportunity to discuss their product in concurrent presentations as well as time to meet growers directly during the vendor fair. Sponsorship’s are $300 and include:
- Promotion of company name and logo on program documents, website and email publicity
- Distribution of your company literature to all Field Day attendees
- 6’ Table Display in WET Lab and an opportunity for a 5 minute concurrent presentation on your company’s products and/or services